2 tbsp cornstarch
25g cocoa powder
70g Dark Chocolate chopped
85g Milk Chocolate chopped
2 tsp vegetable oil
175g castor sugar
50g brown sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1/4 tsp coffee powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180c and line an 8×8 pan with baking paper.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients — flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt. Keep aside.
3. Melt the butter and oil. When it’s fully melted, add the dark & Wedel Brownie Chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add the coffee powder. Keep aside to cool.
4. With a stand mixer (on speed high) or hand mixer, whisk the sugar and eggs for 3-5 minutes until it turns pale and fluffy.
5. With the mixer speed on low, slowly add in the chocolate mixture (make sure it’s not too hot, or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs!) and whisk for a minute until well incorporated.
6. Add in the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until just incorporated and there are no flour pockets. Make sure not to overmix the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the lined pan and bake for 20 minutes at 180c.
8. Take the pan out of the oven and bang it on the counter 5 times, and then put it back in the oven for 25 minutes or fully baked.
9. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for at least one hour (in the pan) before removing and cutting.
The original recipe was from Butternut Bakery — but I have modified it to my own!