Crunchy on the outside, soft and pillowy on the inside, bursting with the tangy goodness of lemon. It’s just like a reminder of the salty air and white-swept vistas of Greece. No? You don’t think of lemon potatoes when you think of Greece? That’s okay – maybe it’s just me. I’m cool with that.
Either way, these are a fun little side dish, super versatile, and a tad different than the usual potato side (sorry, no hate on a good mash) — everything has a time and place.
Also, you legit don’t need anything apart from pantry staples for this so YAYE.
- 500g baby potatoes (not boiled with skins)
- 1/2 cup water (or stock)
- 1 lemon – zested & juiced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp rosemary or thyme (optional, I prefer without)
- Preheat oven to 20 degrees Celsius.
- In a glass dish add all the ingredients and toss well
- Bake for about 40 minutes until all the water has soaked up and potatoes are cooked through.
- Transfer to a foiled oven tray and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the outsides are crunchy.